While most patients come with self-diagnosis of suffering from piles/hemorrhoids, I reassure them that it’s a normal part of every human being and we are all born with them. Another myth is pain from piles. Piles are painless and cause bleeding, itching and sometimes jelly-like secretions, but they very rarely cause pain. Do we need piles? […]read more
Tag Archives: haemorrhoids
When anyone notices blood in the toilet, it brings panic and fear in most people’s minds. It is rightly so. But we need to understand that most of them do not suffer from the dreaded colorectal cancer. What are the causes of rectal bleeding? What are its likely symptoms? Piles (hemorrhoids): Painless, recurrent, may be […]read more
- What Is Laparoscopic (Key Hole) Surgery? Is It Safe?
- Weight Loss Surgery: Your Questions Answered
- Myths and Facts about Acidity Explained
- Is There Surgery for Acid Reflux?
- Is It Really Acidity? Or Is it IBS?
- Isowel motion after food normal? Why am I constipated?
- Gallstones: Does Everybody Need Surgery?
- Does Everyone Have Piles?
- Do You Feel Pain When Passing Stool? (Anal Fissure)
- Do I Need to Worry About Blood in the Stool? (Rectal Bleeding)
- abdominal pain
- Anal fissure
- Anal fistula
- bowel cancer
- colorectal cancer
- gastro-colic reflux
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Itching around back passage
- key hole surgery
- laparoscopic Surgery
- Nissen Fuldoplication
- Obstructive defecation
- Peri Anal Abscess
- Pruritis Ani
- Rectal bleeding
- weight loss (Bariatrics)